Mandatory Truck Driver Training Quebec
Description of the truck mandatory training 2020
The 112 hours of training will be distributed as follows:
- 36.5 hours of theoretical classroom training
- 17 hours in the parking lot (In a commercial yard)
- 50 hours behind the wheel (Practical course)
An additional 8.5 hours will have to be added to the program mentioned above in order to obtain an F rating (Air brakes).
The 8.5 additional hours to learning the air brake system will be distributed as follows:
- 6.5 hours of theoretical classroom training
- 2 hours in the parking lot (In a commercial yard)
The compulsory truck course program will be a total of 112 hours including the theoretical portion related to air brakes.
These minimum standards for the training of class 1 truck drivers are presented in preliminary form in the Canadian Safety Code. This standard and application will fall under the jurisdiction of the provinces and territories.
The application of this new compulsory program is to be expected during the year 2021.