Pre-Requisite for Class 1 Driver licence in Québec
- You must have fewer than 4 demerit points entered in your record.
- Your driver’s licence must not have been suspended or revoked in the previous 2 years as a result of an accumulation of demerit points or a driving-related Criminal Code offence.
- You must have 36 months of experience as a holder of a Class 5 (automobile) driver’s licence or probationary licence
- You must have 24 months of experience as a holder of a Class 5 (automobile) driver’s licence or probationary licence if you have:
- completed training leading to a Diploma of Vocational Studies (DEP) in truck transportation issued by the Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur OR
- completed 300 hours of driving a Class 1 vehicle on public roads, including at least 40 hours of driving with a driving school